RECOVERY OF HISTORICAL HERITAGE
- Organized by Villablino City Hall.The Laciana workcamp has been carried out since 1999, and there are 19 fields. Previously, the modality was the restoration of ethnographic elements. We have restored dairies, hydraulic mills, laundries and livestock tools. You can see the results on the website www.aytovillablino.com. Last year we started with the fields of Archeology, heritage of the time of astures and romans that we need to put in value. Laciana is located in the Cantabrian Mountains, it has been declared a biosphere reserve and it s included in its entirety in the Natura 2000 network of European protected areas. You can still watch ten endangered species like brown bear and capercaillie. You can see the activities every day on instagram: workcamplaciana
- Conditioning and archaeological excavation Castro de La Muela, settlement from the end of the second Iron Age to roman times (2nd century BC-1st century AD). It is situated 1 km. from Villablino (Laciana valley).The tasks proposed for the workcamp will consist primarily of the clearing and surface cleaning of the archaeological remains that brought to light the previous research in La Muela site. Next, it is planned to open two areas of excavation dividing the participants into two groups to begin the works with the supervision of a Project officer and two assistant archaeologistts. Volunteers will be taught the methodology of archaeologigcal work (digging, drawing to scale, documentation in the field diary, stratigrapchi sequence,collection of remains) and to recognize the different types of findings according to their material (metal, clay, stone, glass...). Finally, it will be proposed to use two or three afternoons to the laboratory processing of the material found: Washing, stamping, cataloging, labeling...
- Housing in berths, with dining room, gym for multiple uses, showers and sport centre.Swimming pool 200 m away.The food is varied, usually with three courses. They cook some of the typical foods of the country. There may be special menus for people of other cultures, vegetarians, celiac or any type of food intolerance. If there is someone who ds not like certain food, you can also ask for something alternative.
- Visit to diferent places of touristic and ethnographic interest in the area. Nature activities: hiking through Brana de Mumian, climbing in the climbing wall, caving in the Ensancha cave, mountain biking along the ruta verde, caning in the pantano de las Rozas, archery. Two days of hiking and camping at el Pais de las Branas.Workshops of Laciana traditional culture: sports, cooking, baking and dances.Other workshops: juggling, bracelets, cabochons and latin dances. Archeology techniques workshop. Visit to the el Cornon honey beekeeping center. Group sports basketball and volleyball - we have spaces to play in our free time. Pool,possibility to go every day.
- Young people who like to do work for the community, work in a group, interact with people and like activitires in the natural environment.
SVI is the Spanish association which represents the Spanish workcamps managed by the Autonomous Regions (except those in Catalonia). We are under the Institute of Youth (Injuve). Injuve, an Autonomous Department of the Ministry of Health, Social Policy and Equality, has, for some years now, been promoting specific programmes which are aimed at increasing and favouring different travel possibilities for young people. This enables those under 30 years of age to become aware of other realities, visit other places and have access to other cultures. Included among these programmes is one known as International Voluntary Service (SVI), which deals only with workcamps. These are aimed at youth between 18 and 26 years old and their main objectives are: - To encourage conduct that will favour the exchange of ideas and young people‚Äôs global development. This is achieved by volunteering and from the contributions made by youth from their own experience. This strengthens intercultural learning processes, personal development and the reinforcement of democratic values. - To integrate experiences, personal knowledge and the global development of youth in the carrying out of an activity, within the framework of voluntary service. The Youth Institute co-ordinates the exchange of places for young Spaniards wanting to volunteer in foreign workcamps and foreigners wanting to volunteer in Spanish workcamps. The Spanish workcamps are managed by the Autonomous Regions.
Floor 3, No.9, Lane 186, Rd. Shi Da,
100 TAIPEI CITY