RESTORATION OF THE FOUNTAIN & REPAIR OF THE STRE
- Vadegovia Valley City Council.
- The aim of this youth volunteer project is to improve the streets of the Villamardones abandoned village with a view to including it in the Valderejo Natural Park trail in the future, as it could help visitors understand village life in the first half of the 20th century.To do this, its surroundings require maintenance and, for this reason, the first task that participants in this youth volunteer project will carry out is the restoration of the Villamardones fountain, located at the entrance to the village. It is currently partially hidden by undergrowth and rubble. The work will have technical support provided by an architect and an archaeologist, for the reconstruction of items that may be found around the fountain (documentary evidence confirms the existence of a horseshing frame and a trough).
- Espejo Hostel, Saturnina Salazar street, 24. Espejo (Alava).
- Villamardones. Valderejo Council, Valdegova Valley (Alava).
- People with good knowledge of English, who are interested in history and the recovery of natural heritage. Any person with the will to work who finds this topic interesting. Participants must also be able to work in a team and enjoy cxisting with and meeting people from other countries.
SVI is the Spanish association which represents the Spanish workcamps managed by the Autonomous Regions (except those in Catalonia). We are under the Institute of Youth (Injuve). Injuve, an Autonomous Department of the Ministry of Health, Social Policy and Equality, has, for some years now, been promoting specific programmes which are aimed at increasing and favouring different travel possibilities for young people. This enables those under 30 years of age to become aware of other realities, visit other places and have access to other cultures. Included among these programmes is one known as International Voluntary Service (SVI), which deals only with workcamps. These are aimed at youth between 18 and 26 years old and their main objectives are: - To encourage conduct that will favour the exchange of ideas and young people‚Äôs global development. This is achieved by volunteering and from the contributions made by youth from their own experience. This strengthens intercultural learning processes, personal development and the reinforcement of democratic values. - To integrate experiences, personal knowledge and the global development of youth in the carrying out of an activity, within the framework of voluntary service. The Youth Institute co-ordinates the exchange of places for young Spaniards wanting to volunteer in foreign workcamps and foreigners wanting to volunteer in Spanish workcamps. The Spanish workcamps are managed by the Autonomous Regions.
Floor 3, No.9, Lane 186, Rd. Shi Da,
100 TAIPEI CITY