- The host organization Ikko is a modern, non-political and non-religious folk high school offering both general and vocational education for Finnish and international students and groups throughout the year. They also host special target groups such as students with special needs as well as young asylum seekers.
- The school surroundings need maintaining so the volunteers will work with seasonal tasks indoors and outdoors. Please note that this is not a traditional work camp and the tasks vary by the season.
- Accommodation will be in rooms, buffet style meals provided. There are possibilities for various creative and other activities. Sauna and swimming facilities are also available. The place is very suitable for family camp and welcomes parents, single parents or grandparent to join the camp together with a child/children aged 3-13 yrs. Either parent or child need to be able to communicate in English.
- Punkaharju is located in eastern Finland near Savonlinna and it takes four hours by train from Helsinki. The school is situated in a location of natural beauty, surrounded on both sides by lakes and magnificent scenery. The area offers opportunities for outdoor activities. The volunteers can join Finnish language and culture presentation.
- The volunteers need travel insurance for the duration of their stay. Extra fee: 150 euros per adult and 75 euros per child (3 yrs+)
Allianssi Youth Exchanges promotes intercultural learning and global understanding. Our aim is to give young people a chance to do concrete work with others from different backgrounds and ethnic origins. Allianssi Youth Exchanges is owned by the Finnish Youth Co-operation Allianssi which is the umbrella organisation of Finnish youth and educational organisations with 125 nationwide member organisations. The work in our camps is very often manual like painting, renovating, organising activities or landscaping/gardening; but one of the main aims of the camps is to encourage and increase intercultural learning between the volunteers and the hosting community. No special skills are required. Most camps are arranged in small communities in beautiful Finnish countryside.
Via Mico Geraci 35