FAMILY WORKCAMP ON EDUCATIONAL FARM
- The workcamp is organized in cooperation with Environmental Centre Podbransky mlyn (PROUD). On their educational farm, PROUD provides environmental education courses for school groups. These courses focus on environmental education, in direct contact with nature and animals, local learning and experiential education. The educational farm is not only for children of all ages but also for adults from the town and the region. The goal of the programs is to show the beauty and the variety of nature to students and teachers. The aim of this workcamp is to improve surroundings of the educational farm, to carry out everyday tasks on the farm and enable contact with animals to families. This is the second time that a family workcamp is organized here.
- Volunteers will be involved in everyday activities of the farm - preparing the food for animals and feeding them in the morning and in the evening, cleaning animal shelters. You will also do some gardening work: watering, weeding, harvesting fruits and vegetables, maintaining garden beds, cutting grass and raking, and cleaning outdoor areas. All these activities are suitable also for children and we expect them to participate together with parents. Occasionally, you will do small repairs on a farm and the environmental centre, cut wood, remove invasive plants, prune bushes, or prepare educational components. The educational farm is located 500m from the accommodation and volunteers will get there by foot. Volunteers will work for 4-5 hours per day.Study part: PROUD is equipped with a lot of tools for free-time and scientific activities. Children and adults can also try some of their educational activities - catching terrestrial or water invertebrates, working with microscopes etc. Volunteers will experience how the education farm works. There will be an introductory evening with presentation about Environmental Centre PROUD s activities as well as an international evening where volunteers will present their countries and prepare some traditional dishes for the local community.
- Volunteers will be accommodated in 3 rooms for 6 people and in 1 room for 11 people in a reconstructed former mill. Large families will have their own rooms, smaller families will share rooms together. Sanitary facilities are shared (toilets, showers, hot water), there are 2 common rooms, a dining room, outdoor green area with a fireplace. Bed linen is available. All participants are expected to participate in keeping the place clean. More info here: https://www.envicentrum.eu/en/about-us/proud-en. Volunteers will divide in cooking teams and make a common menu for the week. The hosting organization will then assist with shopping. A fully equipped kitchen for big groups is available. We appreciate your own recipes and interesting ingredients.
- Horazdovice, Pilsen Region. The town (5,000 inhabitants) is situated on the left side of Otava River. The accommodation and educational farm are situated near the historical centre of the town. Along the river, there is a big English garden called Ostrov which is a great place for relaxing. Sumava National Park is about 30 km from the town.Leisure time: A trip to the ruin of Rabi Castle (by train and walking) with a guided tour will be organized for you. There will also be a creative workshop on painting T-shirts. If the water levels allow, you can go on a short rafting trip on the Otava River. There is also a possibility of a half-day hike to nearby ruin of Prachen Castle or a treasure hunt around the town of Horazdovice. Volunteers can borrow board games and equipment for sports games (badminton, petanque), you can also borrow bikes or scooters. In Horazdovice, there is an aquapark, several playgrounds and cafEs and restaurants. You can go swimming in the Otava River which is by the accommodation.
- Participation fee: 100 EUR/adult, 60 EUR/child. Environmental Centre PROUD is an educational institution and it is difficult to accept donations, INEX-SDA is an NGO with limited access to funding from public resources. Therefore, we ask you to contribute to cover the costs of accommodation and food and the coordination costs. We require the participants to send the fee directly to INEX-SDA by a bank transfer before the workcamp starts. Bank details and deadline for payment will be provided in the acceptance email.
INEX - Association for Voluntary Activities - is a non-governmental non-profit organisation founded in 1991 whose primary activities are in the area of international voluntary work. Our main objective is, through international voluntary work, enabling people to help where their help is most needed whilst at the same time making it beneficial for the volunteers in terms of obtaining new life and work experiences which they can use later in their careers.
Via Mico Geraci 35