IMPROVEMENTS AT COMMUNITY SCHOOL
- School of Hjbo is a public school for primary and lower secondary education. The school has 550 pupils age 5 to 16 years, from preschool through 9th grade. The school is an open-plan school with multidisciplinarity, flexibility, openness and cooperation at all levels as core value. Everybody, pupils and teachers is given the opportunity to develop professionally as well as academically in a challenging learning environment. About 10 of the pupils are bilingual with different cultural backgrounds. Hjboskolen is known for teaching pupils to become open-minded and tolerant citizens, and the efforts have shown tangible results; The pupils seem to include each other across different classes and cultural differences.
- The work will consist of maintenance of the school buildings and playgrounds. The purpose is to restore and renovate the facilities at the school, so the kids will have a better experience coming to school every day. For the kids at Hjbo, this work makes a big difference. More specifically, some the of work task will be painting the outdoor playground and cutting the hedges around the school. The tasks will be performed in groups. Experience with practical work is an advantage but not a requirement. During the first week you will also engage in different activities with the kids at the school. The work hours will be 9.00 am-15.00 pm with breaks during the weekdays. The weekends will be off, and you will have time to explore the beautiful surroundings.
- Sleeping and bathroom facilities:The participant will be sleeping in classrooms. You need to bring your own air matress and sleeping bag. There will be access to a washing machine and bathroom facilities at the school.Kitchen facilities:The participants will be cooking themselves at the facilities at the school.
- Next to the school there is a sports center with a lot of facilities that the camp participants can use. The Hring, where you will be staying is located between Aarhus and Skanderborg. The sourroundings of Skanderborg is very pretty with many lakes and hills. Aarhus is the second largest city of Denmark. It has a lot of sights and cultural areas that you can explore in your free time.
- A motivational letter is required for this Work Camp.Please write I 1/2 page about yourself, explaining why you are motivated for this camp.
Sorry, there is no information about MS ActionAid Denmark for the moment. Please try again later!
Via Mico Geraci 35