ROKYNI OPEN-AIR MUSEUM
- Project partner: International Non-Governmental Union “Volynske Bratstvo”. Project: Rokyni Open-Air museum was established around 37 years ago in a beautiful village with lake and picturesque surroundings. Today Rokyni Open-Air museum looks like a street of a small village of Volyn region in the XIX century. The outdoor exhibitions are some common Volyn mansions around which were created homesteading with barn, stables, wells and fences. There are windmill, bath and smithy dates from 1875 year. Volyn Skansen in Rokyni is a cultural-educational centre, that shows to visitors Ukrainian culture, exhibits of national heritage, protects architecture objects of the past times, keep folk Ukrainian traditions, customs and rituals. In 2017- 2018 there were successful international voluntary camps. You can watch a short videos about previous years camps on these links: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loUd7v_g3Y0&t=54s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOJ8Ea-vJEs
- Work: Volunteers will provide help to museum staff doing different activities: to renew (painting, maintenance) outdoor look of Museum (mansions, informational signs, stands), to perform landscaping work, to braid fences of willow and another activities for improvement of Museum territory. As one of the main objectives of the project is to raise awareness of the local community on the issues related to the Ukrainian Heritage, so all volunteers will be invited to take part in planned workshops.
- Accommodation/Food: will be organized in a former summer children camp. Breakfast will be prepared by volunteers. Lunch and dinner will be provided.
- Location: Rokyni (12 km from Lutsk). Leisure time: Lutsk has a lot of places of interests that is why you will not feel lack of historical places to visit: castle, monasteries, church. Bus trips to Lutsk can be organized. There are special squares for sport activities, so volunteers are welcomed to enjoy playing volleyball and football. You can do swimming and sunbathing near lake.
- What to bring: working gloves, working clothes, CD’s, DVD’s etc., musical instruments, detailed information about your country, national games, good mood and motivation.
All-Ukrainian Association for Youth Co-operation “Alternative-V” - is a non-political, non-profit public organisation, founded on the basis of volunteerism in 1992. Alternative-V was created to facilitate co-operation between youth organisations, to involve Ukrainian young people into youth programmes in the fields of education, culture, ecology, historical heredity protection and helping disadvantaged people. Alternative-V wants to contribute to development of more peaceful society, to the decrease of social injustice. The goals of the Association are: - facilitating of mutual understanding, development of friendship and co-operation between young people of different countries; organisation of international actions which contribute to development of youth and student movement in Ukraine and its integration into international youth movement; - assistance in organisation of international exchanges, youth voluntary service programmes, establishing contacts with organisations, sharing the goals of the Association; - dissemination of the ideas of youth voluntary service among national and international public organisations; - involvement of the Ukrainian youth in the programmes organised by the Association. Partners and projects Alternative-V is official partner organisation of Service Civil International (SCI), Member of the Alliance of European Voluntary Service Organisations, member of CCIVS (UNESCO) /Co-ordinating Committee for International Voluntary Service/. Co-operation between these organisations and Alternative-V is represented with wide variety of projects including short and long-term volunteer exchanges, seminars, training courses, study visits and individual trainings, student exchanges. In 1999 Alternative-V obtained a status of All-Ukrainian association. At the moment Association has branches and represantatives in almost all regions of Ukraine.
Via Mico Geraci 35