- Since 2008 Patrimonito has become our remarkable project focusing on heritage site preservation. We recently conduct Patrimonito project in Plaosan temple which also belongs to Prambanan temple compounds. Prambanan temple compounds is a UNESCO world heritage site in Indonesia which is one of the largest temple compounds in Southeast Asia. It was built in 9th century dedicated to the three great Hindu divinities (Shiva, Wishnu and Brahma). The Prambanan temple compounds consist of Prambanan temple (also called Loro Jonggrang), Sewu temple, Bubrah temple and Lumbung temple with total about 240 temples. The temples were damaged by earthquake in 2006 and volcano ashes from Kelud mountain eruption in 2014. Until then the site management try its best to preserve the temple by restoring the damaged temple and conducting a lot of activities in collaborating with UNESCO, government and stakeholders to support the preservation. The volunteers will be introduced to the World Heritage Centre’s activities and campaign, the history and dynamics of world heritage sites worldwide. It aims at rendering its symbolic dimension to heritage through debates and reflections, contribute to the restoration and preservation of cultural heritage and/or improve accessibility and availability of information, raise the awareness of the local population and create a sense of “ownership " and identification, and promote cultural heritage between international volunteers and organizations.
- Volunteers will have restoration work. Besides, before the restoration work, the volunteers will have one day orientation about how to do the restoration and given information about the history of the temple, so that the volunteers really gain a lot of knowledge about the temples and the process of restoration. As the volunteers live in the local community of Bugisan village, they also have activities in the local school with the local students. They will promote to the students how to preserve the temple and do some activities like students competition, culture exchange etc. The volunteers will also give campaign about world heritage preservation to the local community as well as the visitors related to the world heritage especially Prambanan temple compounds.
- The volunteers will be accommodated in local host family (basic conditions, sleeping bag and mat needed), where they will also receive food. Prefer no vegan (strict vegetarian)
- Prambanan Temple Compounds, Klaten regency, Central Java province. Visit the nearby world heritage sites and temples of Prambanan and/or Yogyakarta City.
- requirements The expected profile for a volunteer in this kind of centre contains a sum of characteristics: Open-minded Tolerant Creative Flexible Patient Respect the local customs and local’s rule Willing to accept basic living condition in the project site Confidence
DEJAVATO Foundation is an Indonesian organization working for peace, international understanding and solidarity, education, social sustainable development and respect to the culture and environment through international voluntary work, educational and cultural activities. It was established in June 15th, 2005 as a response to a lack of education and social welfare all over Indonesia. Following a prolonged economical crisis and severe governmental budgetary cuts in the field of education, its founders realized the importance of initiating private and community activities, which could fill the gap left by the governmental sector, and decided to do so through the establishment of voluntary service activities, scholarship programmes and health care provision.
Via Mico Geraci 35