SUSTAINABLE GREEN PLAYGROUND IN ORTIGNANO
- This project is held in Ortignano Raggiolo in cooperation with the Municipality and "Pro-loco" local organizations aimed at promoting and developing the territory. The ideas was born by Licia a local artist active and involved in social and artistic initiatives. The municipality of Ortignano Raggiolo is committed for supporting sustainable initiatives by promoting environmental awareness projects among citizens. For this reason they encourage recycling, the defense of Nature. They organize cleaning-waste days often linked to creative and art workshops. The municipality wants to make Ortignano Raggiolo a colorful, artistic, innovative municipality open to the rest of the world; They would like to create items for the embellishment of the town by involving international volunteers and the local community, to rediscover the pleasure and also the fun of creating and building the future that we all desire, together!
- Volunteers will help in building colorful playgrounds using waste materials such as pneumatics, wooden reels, and other recycled materials. Volunteers will create, build, clean, and paint materials to be used in the playground for decorating the space or playing. Working days Monday to Friday. Trekking and excursion are also part of the activity.
- In dorms with bunk beds. The accommodation is offered by a local church and equipped with kitchen, large dining room and bathrooms with showers. Food is provided.
- Trekking in the wood, excursion for visiting Raggiolo and Poppi two local villages (part of the so called "the most beautiful villages of Italy"). Volunteers will enjoy the local festival "sagra della polenta" (polenta is a tipical and traditional food of the North of Italy)
- Suitable for people that like DIY work. Bring working clothes and shoes (that can be get dirty by painting, mug, etc), bring also clothes and shoes for trekking in the wood.
The association for social promotion “Informagiovani” was established at the end of the year 2001 by a group of volunteers who have been running the city youth information centre of Palermo since November 2000. The association has the following aims: a) foster and promote human and civil rights, with particular attention to child and youth rights; b) promote the right to information and participation of youth; c) defending social and collective rights with particular attention to youth and student rights; d) promoting volunteering as a tool for social change and active citizenship. During its life, the association run different activities of information, training and counselling and, since 2006 has start focusing its activities to promote and develop tools for social inclusion of youth with fewer opportunities. We organize workcamps and youth exchanges since 2006. In particular it has addressed its work to involve disadvantaged youth in local and international voluntary activities in the frame of Youth in Action and Europe for Citizens programmes of the EU. Since 2008 has also established a partnership with the Centre for Social Services for Youth of the Italian Ministry of Justice. In the frame of this partnership, the association has been developing activities to include young offenders in international intercultural activities, in the frame of the social rehabilitation programmes. The association has been coordinating seminars and training on the issue of social inclusion of disadvantaged youth and is accredited as hosting, sending and co-ordinating organization for action two “European Voluntary Service” of Youth in Action.
Via Mico Geraci 35