POGGIO DEL CASTAGNO
- Poggio del Castagno is a biodynamic organic farm run by a family where is possible to experiment techniques of innovative farming. They produce hazelnut, olive oil, vegetables, and turn barley into toasted and pearly barley.
- Volunteers will mainly help in harvesting hazelnuts. It can be possible to be involved in other ordinary task.
- Shared tents in the camping area that is furnished with hot water showers. Volunteers will cook for themselves. Internet is available only in a common room shared by anyone. REQUEST: vols have to bring own sleeping bag,
- There are three interesting medieval villages in the surroundings of the farm: Pitigliano, Sorano and Sovana. Also trekking pathway are closeby. There is a famous local Vine fair organized in Pitigliano during the time of the workcamp. In these days wine cellars and cooperatives are open to the public for trying local wines and traditional food. Saturnia’s thermal bath are 30 min. far by car.
- Willing to manual work, interested in agriculture, bio dynamic farming. To like camping asset. Remember to bring warm clothes as the weather can be chilly in the evening. Also bring a warm sleepingbag.
The association for social promotion “Informagiovani” was established at the end of the year 2001 by a group of volunteers who have been running the city youth information centre of Palermo since November 2000. The association has the following aims: a) foster and promote human and civil rights, with particular attention to child and youth rights; b) promote the right to information and participation of youth; c) defending social and collective rights with particular attention to youth and student rights; d) promoting volunteering as a tool for social change and active citizenship. During its life, the association run different activities of information, training and counselling and, since 2006 has start focusing its activities to promote and develop tools for social inclusion of youth with fewer opportunities. We organize workcamps and youth exchanges since 2006. In particular it has addressed its work to involve disadvantaged youth in local and international voluntary activities in the frame of Youth in Action and Europe for Citizens programmes of the EU. Since 2008 has also established a partnership with the Centre for Social Services for Youth of the Italian Ministry of Justice. In the frame of this partnership, the association has been developing activities to include young offenders in international intercultural activities, in the frame of the social rehabilitation programmes. The association has been coordinating seminars and training on the issue of social inclusion of disadvantaged youth and is accredited as hosting, sending and co-ordinating organization for action two “European Voluntary Service” of Youth in Action.
Via Mico Geraci 35