ABBAYE DE MAREDRET
- The non-profit organization of aeurooeAbbaye des Saints Jean et Scholastiqueaeuro is directly connected with the Maredretaeuros Abbey, a high patrimonial and cultural value of Belgium.This partnership is built on the will to preserve the patrimonial heritage and create dialogue between volunteers working for a pluralist association and a local catholic community, each person being accepted with his/her convictions and personal point of view.Beside its spiritual life, the association organizes activities and creative workshops for everybody interested. The main part of the activities, as Yoga, Gregorian music, vegetable and fruits gardens, gold coating,aeuro try to offer appropriate place to facilitate the exchanges and to feel relaxed. The well preserved area surrounding the abbey with gardens, orchards, and plantation contributes a lot to this peaceful atmosphere.Website: www.abbaye-maredret.be
- The Volunteers crew will work outside, especially to restore the surrounding wall of the Abbey: cleaning the wall, weeding, and pruning, painting benches... BEWARE: This workcamp is based on manual and outdoor tasks which might be sometimes hard.
- Volunteers will stay in bedrooms for two. Shower and toilets will be available on the same floor.On the ground floor, youaeuroll have your private living room that you can use for the evening and free time.The food will be provided by the community. Thanks to inform us in advance if you have a special diet.
- Maredret (25km of bigger cities as Dinant and Namur) is a traditional village; most of the houses are built in stones of the country, extracted during decades of the local quarries.Maredret is a small jewel set in the MolignEeaeuros Valley.This region is considered for the beauty of its landscapes and its natural resources.Itaeuros very close of the touristic place of Maredsous.
- There will be limited Internet access during the camp, available just from time to time. Participation to monastic life (daily mess, ...) is never compulsory. Obviously, volunteers will be individually free to join some public celebrations in case of wish or personal interest.While promoting this workcamp in a catholic monastery, CBB insists on its pluralist values. This project offers to the volunteers the opportunity to work on a site with high patrimonial and cultural richness. We also see it as a nice opportunity to learn and develop awareness to interfaith dialogue and understanding.It is an alcohol free camp.
Compagnons Bâtisseurs asbl is a non-profit organization created in 1977. It is recognized as a youth organization by the ministry from the French Community of Belgium. This association proposes different kinds of voluntary activities to youngsters : work camps in Belgium and abroad (during week ends and during the summer), short, medium and long term voluntary services, leisure activities for and with disabled people. All our activities aim to help the young people to develop theirs abilities in order to integrate actively the society as responsible citizens. The realisation of these activities would not be possible without the participation of a network of around 400 belgian volunteers, 150 volunteers from abroad during summer holidays and a team of eight employees. The organization is also a member of the Alliance of European Voluntary Service Organisations. We participate to the European Programme EVS both as sending and hosting Organization since 1997. www.compagnonsbatisseurs.be
Via Mico Geraci 35