YOUTH FOR SMILE
- The youth association Jaunatne smaidam / Youth for Smile is a non-profit non-governmental youth organization established in 2005. The mission of the organisation - strong and value-based children and youth non-governmental organization, which purposefully pursues its goals, tasks and basic principles of action, acts as an impetus for strengthening society’s growth and civil society principles. The aims of the organisation are: 1. To bring together children and young people with a view to promoting their involvement in non-formal learning processes in order to develop a comprehensive capacity and ability to actively participate in community processes at local, national and international level; 2. To foster the development of non-formal education, volunteering and peer education as an integral part of it, and to enhance its importance in the development of the local community; 3. Promoting a healthy lifestyle for young people. The tasks of the organisation are: 1. To develop and promote youth initiatives, creating favourable conditions for their intellectual and creative development; 2. To provide young people with the opportunity to acquire the skills, knowledge and competencies necessary for life through non-formal education; 3. Provide young people with an opportunity to make good use of their leisure time; 4. Provide young people with access to relevant information for their development needs. Our target group is children and youth in Bauska and Vecumnieki municipalities.
- Volunteers will organise creative workshops and outdoor activities for children and youth in Bārbele village. At the first days of work-camp participants will have a preparation training for outdoor activities with children, such as orientation, sports tourism, low and high ropes, non-formal education methods for team building and conflict management. Volunteers will organise activities for children from the age of 7 up to 15.
- Living conditions are very basic. Volunteers will be accommodated in the building of the youth house – in the attic under the roof. Sleeping will be on the mattresses. There will be only one common room for sleeping. Sometimes it could be necessary to stay in tents if the work requires. Toilets and washing facilities will be provided. Cooking will be done by volunteers themselves in the kitchen or on a campfire. Volunteers should bring their sleeping bags. Do not forget some traditional or typical food from your home country for the international evening.
- Work camp will be organized in Bārbele village, Vecumnieki municipality. The Vecumnieki municipality borders with Iecava, Bauska, Nereta, Ķegums, Baldone and Jaunjelgava municipalities and the Republic of Lithuania. The municipal territory consists of Kurmene, Valle, Bārbele, Skaistkalne, Stelpe and Vecumnieki parishes. The administrative centre of the municipality is Vecumnieki located 50 km from Rīga and 30 km from Bauska. More information - https://www.tourism.bauska.lv/en/. More about Latvia - https://www.latvia.travel/en. During a work camp, we will have possibilities to visit different cultural and historical places. Volunteers will have possibilities to organise intercultural events, etc.
- For this camp, we are asking participants to contribute 50,00 euro to cover the general costs of camp. This fee has to be paid by bank transfer before the beginning of the camp. If you can not make a bank transfer please contact your sending organisation for a solution. Arrival terminals are Riga international airport or Riga international bus station. By request JAUNATNE SMAIDAM can organize a pick-up service on the arrival place – costs 30,00 euro one way. Exception for volunteers arriving after 22.00 o’clock – pick up service for free. If it is necessary JAUNATNE SMAIDAM can help with finding the accommodation before and after the project.
Sorry, there is no information about Jaunatne smaidam/Youth for Smile for the moment. Please try again later!
Via Mico Geraci 35