- The Association for the rescue of the Brekov Castle is concerned with the conservation of the Brekov Castle, and renovating some of its parts. Besides this, the association is involved in collecting information about the Brekov castle, guide activities (from archives, literature, inhabitants), fundraising, providing information to the wide public and organizing cultural events connected with the castle. Workcamps have been organized on the Brekov Castle since 2009.
- Reconstruction work in the area of the ancient ruins of the castle Brekov from the 13th century. Much of the work will involve manual masonry works. The volunteers will help with the archaeological research on the castle. Cleaning and environmental activities will be also part of the work. The volunteers will learn the old techniques of masonry.
- Lodging will be provided in tents in the area of the castle. In case of bad weather lodging will be provided in the village Brekov. It is necessary to bring a sleeping bag and a mat. Showers and facilities, hot water and fully equipped kitchen are provided in the local hall of Brekov. Groceries will be provided by the local community. Dinners will be cooked by the volunteers themselves. On demand, vegetarian meals can be provided.
- Brekov is a village near Humenne in the Presov Region of north-eastern Slovakia. The ruins of the Brekov Castle are located on the hill above the village and are in fairly good shape. Brekov Castle was built around 650 AD by the Slavonic nations. The area offers several possibilities for hiking or visiting several ruins of other castles.
- Suitable sleeping bags and mats, working clothes, warm clothes, raincoat, strong boots and good spirit :) are needed.
INEX Slovakia is a non-profit, non-governmental organization founded in 1993. Its main aim is to play an active role within the international youth exchange that promotes international understanding, intercultural learning and tolerance. INEX Slovakia organizes activities that are focused on youth mobility and non-formal education and international volunteering. We organize different voluntary activities like international voluntary workcamps, trainings, seminars, various activities on national level, regular meetings of non-formal groups, workshops, activities for children with difficult background etc. We are a sending, hosting and coordinating organization within European Voluntary Service. These activities provide an opportunity for young people of different national and cultural background to live and work together; facilitate personal growth and a personal responsibility. INEX Slovakia became a member of the Alliance of European Voluntary Service Organizations in 1993. Apart of the Alliance INEX Slovakia is an official partner of Service Civil International (SCI), co-operates with organizations associated in Youth Action for Peace (YAP) and other partners. We are member of Youth Council of Slovakia.
Via Mico Geraci 35