BRUSSELS GAMES FESTIVAL
- Brussels Games Festival is dedicated to games in all their forms and, especially to make people sensitive to game play for all the citizens regardless of age, sex, social status or origin. This is a festive event but it is also civic and educational. Brussels Games festival enhances the social, human and relational dimension. Festival is nonstop 32-hour festival, including an “IN” programme during the daytime and an “OFF” one during the night. All types of games will be there, reflecting the great diversity of current playing creation: communication games, party games, family games, strategy and management gaming, games from the world, full-size playground, Mölkky championship, meetings with games editors and designers… There will be something for any taste and any generation.
- Beside the dates of the festival, volunteers may have to collect material, store, assemble and disassemble facilities, give back material and prepare the stands. During the festival, volunteers will be in charge of welcoming people, catering, entertainment for game activities, or inform visitors about the festival… depending on their skills.
- Volunteers will stay with local volunteers or Belgian families as couch surfers. A sleeping bag is requested. You must have pocket money to eat in the evening (around 5/8€). Organizers will provide a meal every 6 hours of working as well as drink for hydration. Your managers will make sure to balance your schedule in order to breathe and enjoy the festival.
- Bruxelles - Park Cinquantenaire
- Festival is looking for pleasant and punctual volunteers who are interested in playing a full part in Festival preparation and like game universe. It is preferable if you know role-playing games and you are able to explain them. All languages are welcomed but you must speak at least one language between these three: English, French and Dutch.
International Volunteering Service (SVI) is a pluralistic youth organization run by and for young people, by and for volunteers. Apolitical and non-religious, SVI is opened to all and everyone, without discrimination of nationality, philosophy, financial resources, education or sexual orientation. SVI is registered in Belgium as a non-profit organization. The association mainly works in the field of international volunteering, but also in the areas of youth exchanges and intercultural exchanges between young Europeans and the rest of the world. SVI is recognized as youth organization by the Belgian French Community Government and has partnerships with many international volunteering organizations and NGOs in over 70 countries. Each year, SVI sends around 600 young volunteers abroad from 2 weeks to few months. The organization aims at generating young people interest (from 18 to 30 years old) in international volunteerism. One of its goals is also to promote citizenship, solidarity and mobility among young European as well as between young European and young people from other parts of the world. SVI tries to make international volunteering accessible to all and to raise awareness about the danger and misleading role of humanitarian tourism (voluntourism). more info : www.servicevolontaire.org
Via Mico Geraci 35