OLIVAZZI FARM 2
- Olivazzi Farm, is a pedagogical and organic farm located in a natural and beautiful setting. The farm runs agricultural activities including construction and care of vegetable garden and plants, cleaning by aerating-wind the organic wheat and grinding of organic wheat. The farm also cooperate with association for conservation of historical assets to renovate and fix old objects for the realization of a small museum.
- Preparing for sowing, caring of botanic and vegetable garden, arrangement of space and ancient objects for the installation of a farmer museum.
- Shared rooms with bathrooms and showers with hot water. There is also a porch for having meals outside in case of good weather. There is also a big room as disposal for activities and meals. Volunteers will cook for themselves and will have a sharing dinner with host. Cooking by following turns in couples of 2. Volunteers will help in domestic chores.
- The farm is located in Quattordio. In the farm there is table tennis, free wi-fi, guitar, a music keyboard. There are bicycles for the volunteers and cycle path available in the town for a ride among towers, castles, vineyards. At 300 meters far from the farm there is the public pool as well and tennis fields. By train is possible to go to Genova and to reach the sea in about two hours. Quattordio is not so far from Liguria, Tuscany and Milan.
- Interest in agriculture and environment activities, and as well interest in renovation of historical assets. Bring rain coat, working clothes and comfortable shoes.
The association for social promotion “Informagiovani” was established at the end of the year 2001 by a group of volunteers who have been running the city youth information centre of Palermo since November 2000. The association has the following aims: a) foster and promote human and civil rights, with particular attention to child and youth rights; b) promote the right to information and participation of youth; c) defending social and collective rights with particular attention to youth and student rights; d) promoting volunteering as a tool for social change and active citizenship. During its life, the association run different activities of information, training and counselling and, since 2006 has start focusing its activities to promote and develop tools for social inclusion of youth with fewer opportunities. We organize workcamps and youth exchanges since 2006. In particular it has addressed its work to involve disadvantaged youth in local and international voluntary activities in the frame of Youth in Action and Europe for Citizens programmes of the EU. Since 2008 has also established a partnership with the Centre for Social Services for Youth of the Italian Ministry of Justice. In the frame of this partnership, the association has been developing activities to include young offenders in international intercultural activities, in the frame of the social rehabilitation programmes. The association has been coordinating seminars and training on the issue of social inclusion of disadvantaged youth and is accredited as hosting, sending and co-ordinating organization for action two “European Voluntary Service” of Youth in Action.
Via Mico Geraci 35