STREET DOGS WELFARE
- Do you love dogs ? Then this camp is for you.This camp is for bringing welfare service to one of the most neglected domestic animals like dogs in India. SMILE Animal shelter for Domestic Animal welfare project providing shelter to dogs.Volunteers would have amazing time with these cute animal for sure.
- Welfare activities like food distribution,health care,grooming to cats and dogs from SMILE NGO Domestic Animal Shelter. Project background details:- In India dogs and cats are every where on the street living under unprotected and abandoned life . In SMILE family we have a big love for domestic animals basically dogs,cats and so we made a small shelter in 2009 where we take care of few dogs and cats on regular basis. There are huge number of street dogs and cats who are roaming unprotected and struggling for the life and shelter.There are almost no management system from local government available for these animal.There are long and short term volunteering opportunities available every year for these poor needy animals. Activities:- Volunteers job are mostly food preparation,distribution,grooming,shelter cleaning ,taking care of dogs and cats at our shelter. We welcome international individuals or groups to help and look after these domestic animals during the camp. It is a fun filled experience for volunteers!! All volunteers taking this project should take anti rabies vaccination before joining these camps.International youth have chance to experience this unique project ,can help local member in different activities .They can have a change to enjoy with these cute animals. Mainly this projects are those who care about dogs and cats. If you love dogs and cats then this project would give you emense satisfaction and valuable knowledge .
- Accommodation: Dormitory basis as per available on arrival ( on cot with mattress/on floor with mattress, 2-4 volunteers in one room, bigger group living also possible Subject to availability ) shared accommodation (normally male & female separate room),Common toilet, electricity, Limited Wifi access in house available. You will get accommodation from 8 am of the first day till 6 pm on the last day of your project.We are unable to provide you any accommodation before or after these dates. Please arrange your own accommodation in case of early arrival or late departure .You are requested to meet our representative at the meeting place on exact time given above. If you arrive early then you can have your stay in any of the different hotels available nearby Airport, within 2 -3 km .on the road popularly called as V.I.P road. You are requested to take any cab to check in any of these hotels. If you arrive at earlier night then you are requested to stay inside the airport terminal and meet at the next morning with our representative as per appointment. Volunteers are not allowed to spend night outside of their accommodation during their full project duration due to safety and security policy. Food: You will get 3 times local food from host family. Please do not expect air conditioned room, hot water for shower and special food items as per your desire during your term. You are requested to get ready for a simple and challenging life.
- INDIA is an amazing country with diverse culture and tradition .Interesting people ! Explore the country with exciting diversity .Kolkata ,the city of joy was known before as Calcutta since the colonial time. This ancient city was used to be the capital of British colonial period. This city has full of heart ,people are basically belongs to the middle and lower middle class . There are also rich and poor people all around . City Kolkata is known for its busy traffic ,huge population ,warm weather and poverty around the street corners! It is a great place to visit for every tourist coming to India. Kolkata( itself is a great tourist place with its historical value ) is well connected with many famous and attractive tourist places during weekends ... organised Package trip at the end of the project can be organised by professionals...... * weekends exciting Cultural city ( kolkata ) and around trip can also be organised against extra cost Euro80/head for weekends (8am-4pm). **Kolkata is one of the 4 biggest city in India and it is connected with every part of the country. You can fly almost any part of the country with in 2-2:30 hrs. So traveling around could try is very easy from Kolkata.
- *Passport copy *VISA copy *Photograph( recent colour copy) *Parents permission letter if you are below 18 years. *Living cost as per duration applied.. *Volunteers should not have any criminal record. What to bring: You can follow traditional packing lists, but here are several items that would be particularly helpful for this volunteer experience: A bed sheet Vaccination as per local embassy /hospital malaria medication flashlight umbrella mosquito repellent with DEET sunscreen alarm clock OR watch with alarm clock journal sleeping bag Any games or craft items like Origami would be great for the kids Rain coat Snacks from your country for kids and host family Music/ dress / special souvenir from your country Medicine and first aid supplies for emergency personal use Clothing: - fibrous (ex: linen or cotton or anything that is COOL and dries fast in natural sun) - for women, bring conservative clothing that covers the shoulders (ex: shirts with capped sleeves) NO shorts, bikinis, sleeveless clothes outside your own bed room (strictly). Indian cloth like salwar,sarees would a perfect choice for girls during their stay at SMILE. sandals head covering (bandanas, hat) towel that dries FAST. Toilet paper, soap, shampoo, mosquito net.
Situational Management & Inter Learning Establishment Society" popularly known as SMILE Society /SMILE NGO was established in 31st Aug 2003 later Registered under Indian Society Act in 2004 .SMILE Was founded by a young social worker named Mr.Debabrata Chakraborty with the support of his entire family and few motivated friends who really wanted to bring smile everywhere through Volunteering.It is now a big platform for International & Local youth who wish to volunteer in India and Abroad for good causes. SMILE is the member of different International Volunteering Network including CCIVS ( Under UNESCO), NVDA,WANGO and many other prestigious Alliance members from European Volunteering Network . There are different Volunteering positions are available for whole year. Please visit our Homepage project and social links for further details. www.smilengo.org , www.facebook.com/workcamp,www.youtube.com/smilengo1, www.instagram.com/smilengo, www.twitter.com/smilengo_india, skype: smilengo.india, whats app:00919830150249, https://www.smilengo.org ; https://www.smilengo.in
Udayrajpur , Madhyamgram,# 9 railgate,Kolkata:129,