SCHOOL BUILDING PAINTING & RENOVATION
- SMILE Society ( Situational Management & Inter Learning Establishment Society) is a registered NGO & NPO working in the field of International volunteering. On August 31, 2003, a team of family and friends leaded by Mr. Debabrata Chakraborty, formed Smile Society. SMILE believes in family type of environment. Our mission is to provide volunteers with a customized program (workcamp, short term, long term) that will enable them to make an important contribution to the poor and needy kids of India. In the past several years, we have placed many volunteers around various parts of India within different projects.
- SMILE always believes in family type of environment !! Organisation always trying bring all Volunteers living at the same city can have a chance to live together with the local volunteers as a big family . So this year we are expecting to start such place with the help of our host families. So we are in need of volunteers in group to help in painting and construction our dream place which is known as volunteer shelter. simultaneously our sincere effort to have animal shelter,vocational training shelter, rain water reserver to store rain water for further uses. So our Renovation and painting project has a great importance on our different projects . We are trying to bring different activities at one place . Such shelter would be our base point to bring help around . Presently shelter is going on under the observation and guidance of local host family . We welcome young energetic hard working international volunteers to participate in our RENO camps ! We also welcome groups to come and help us in construction and painting !! So for those who want to spend an exciting volunteer activities ! Please join this camps !! Example Daily Schedule: Breakfast: 6:30 am ( required to prepared by own) Project hour : As per project In charge. Lunch at 1:30-2 p.m late afternoon activity: 4 - 6pm (meditation/yoga) Diner : 7 pm ( volunteers required help themselves in serving ,washing ) After 8 pm exit door would be closed.No one allowed to go out or come in the accommodation after
- Dormitory basis in host family/school building as per available on arrival ( on cot with mattress/on floor with mattress, 4-30 volunteers in one room) shared accommodation (normally male & female separate room). You will get accommodation till 6 pm on the last day of your camp.We are unable to provide you any accommodation before or after these dates. Please arrange your own accommodation in case of early arrival or late departure .You are requested to meet our representative at the meeting place on exact time given above. Food: You will get 3 times local veg food from host family as per available on arrival. Please do not expect any kind of special dishes (veg/non veg) or cold drinks or special living room or air conditioned room during your term. You are requested to get ready for a simple and challenging life.
- Kolkata( itself is a great tourist place with its historical value ) is well connected with many famous and attractive tourist places during weekends
- We need energetic your volunteer with open mind and ready to get their hand dirty. You need to be strong and flexible. India is a beautiful country but challenging for some people . Local culture,people are interesting but weather is hot and humid in summer ,so get ready to explore an amazing country with full of surprises . Due to big cultural differences some volunteer might face cultural shock! Our request to all New comers please read about India and Indian culture as much as possible before you apply for the project. If you got any queries ask anytime. These are the documents we need on arrival :- *Passport copy *VISA copy *Photograph( recent colour copy) *Parents permission letter if you are below 18 years. *Living cost INR 12500/head /camp(2 weeks) ( payment on arrival by cash ) *you should not have any criminal records.
Situational Management & Inter Learning Establishment Society" popularly known as SMILE Society /SMILE NGO was established in 31st Aug 2003 later Registered under Indian Society Act in 2004 .SMILE Was founded by a young social worker named Mr.Debabrata Chakraborty with the support of his entire family and few motivated friends who really wanted to bring smile to every child through Volunteering.It is now a big platform for International & Local youth who wish to volunteer in India and Abroad for good causes. SMILE is the member of different International Volunteering Network including CCIVS ( Under UNESCO), NVDA,WANGO and many other prestigious Alliance members from European Volunteering Network . There are different Volunteering positions are available for whole year. Please visit our Homepage project and social links for further details. www.smilengo.org , www.facebook.com/workcamp,
Udayrajpur , Madhyamgram,# 9 railgate,Kolkata:129,