- Project: Local children center in Korea is the facility for the children welfare services. The center provides children a shelter after the regular school and educational/cultural opportunities as well. Most of children in rural area have fewer opportunities to meet foreigners and get a high quality English education compared to the urban area. Also, although international marriage is quite common phenomenon in rural area, local residents are lack of understanding of multi-culture. So the children are facing discrimination in the school, cultural and linguistic difficulties. International volunteers can give them chances to interact with foreigners and to understand multi-culture. And English can be a tool to understand Korean local children and interact with them. Especially in Sunshine Local Children center, there are many children who need affection caused by the absence of parent and family matters.
- - Teaching English to primary and middle school students - Making own cultural experience class - Helping manual works * Teaching Information: - Age of students: 8 to 16 years old - Number of students: around 30 children - The number of teachers: 2 to 3 teachers * Working Hours: Monday to Friday (5-7 hours)
- A separate house from the local children center * Food: Meals are prepared by the host
- * Terminal: Uiryeong bus terminal
- - Those who have teaching experience or are interested in teaching - Those who can communicate in English - Those who are interested in kids and socialized with them
Sorry, there is no information about IWO WORKCAMPS for the moment. Please try again later!
Via Mico Geraci 35