RENOVATE A HISTORICAL BREWERY
- This workcamp is held in cooperation with a non-profit organization Association of Semik from Cechtin in a small village. The association is focusses on supporting culture, social and craft events in the region, aiming at connecting people. It also renovates a cultural monument - a site of an old brewery in Cechtin that is currently in a bad state. The association organizes historical fashion shows and craft workshops, and manages a museum of wedding dresses. The aim of this workcamp is to contribute to the renovation of the brewery, reviving the site and making it accessible for public. This year volunteers will help to remove concrete from the granary floor and return it to its original state.
- Under the supervision of the hosting organization, you will start removing concrete floor in an old granary in order to recover the original wooden floor. You will also help to clean different areas in the site and prepare them for reconstruction. The activities might include masonry, painting, renovating floors, or taking down walls. The work will be specified based on the current needs but also abilities and interests of the volunteers. The work might be physically demanding. Apart from this, you will have a chance to help with cataloguing showpieces in the museum of wedding dresses, finalize its concept or design the museum labels and signs.Study part: A guided tour of the historical brewery, meeting locals and members of the association, a lecture on the history of wedding dresses, possibility of organizing a fashion show in historical costumes.
- In the building of the historical brewery. You will sleep in beds or on mattresses in rooms for 2-3 people. Bring your own sleeping bags. There are toilets and a shower. Please note that accommodation is located in the building which is currently under reconstruction. It is not suitable for people with dust allergies. Home-made meals will be provided by the hosting organization (3 times a day). You will help with cooking. During the international evening, you will have a chance to present you national cuisine. Bring your favourite recipes.
- Cechtin (300 inhabitants). The village is situated in the Vysocina Region, 30 km from Jihlava and 12 km from Trebic (UNESCO). In the village, there is a public swimming pool, a shop, a pub and a post office.Leisure time: Swimming in a local swimming pool (200 metres from the accommodation), a trip to the historical town of Trebic (UNESCO), a trip to the Stranecka Zhor Castle, making campfire or an international evening. You can also play ping-pong, darts, or badminton etc.
- The workcamp is not suitable for people with allergies to dust. You will live in the same building as a family with kids so it is necessary to behave respectfully.Participation fee: 20 EUR. Due to limited access to public resources, INEX-SDA kindly asks participants to contribute 20 EUR towards the costs of workcamp coordination and administration. The fee will be collected in cash upon arrival. Please note that this fee dsnt directly contribute to the budget of the workcamp itself.
INEX - Association for Voluntary Activities - is a non-governmental non-profit organisation founded in 1991 whose primary activities are in the area of international voluntary work. Our main objective is, through international voluntary work, enabling people to help where their help is most needed whilst at the same time making it beneficial for the volunteers in terms of obtaining new life and work experiences which they can use later in their careers.
Via Mico Geraci 35