PLAY AND RENOVATE IN KLUKY
- This workcamp is organized in cooperation with village community of Kluky (621 inhabitants) in South Bohemian Region near Pisek. The local community is active in organizing sport, cultural and other social events. There is a small community school and a kindergarten, both promoting sustainability and the environment. The volunteers will experience the local community life, they will help to maintain a forest playground and also prepare an international day for children and adults. Meeting the locals and experience life in a small village is an important part of the workcamp.
- Volunteers will work mainly on maintenance and renovation of a forest playground (painting, installing new elements and preparation of the ground etc.). Volunteers will also organize an international day for children from the local elementary school with games and educational activities. They will also be asked to prepare an international evening for adults. This will be an opportunity to present your country and national dishes and taste the Czech cuisine as well. Please, bring your own ideas about activities for children and materials to present your country. If needed, volunteers will maintain the area of new relaxing zone or work in a cherry orchard. Study part: Meeting with locals (a trip with children from elementary school, a visit of a local library, musical evening or a campfire), learning more about community-based schools, attending a pottery and ceramic workshop.
- Basic accommodation in the building of the local fire station. You need to bring your own sleeping bag and a camping mat. In the building, there are toilets and a small kitchen. The showers are located in the nearby kindergarten. Volunteers will prepare their own breakfast and dinner together as a group. Lunch from a nearby restaurant will be provided by the local partner. Please note that there only few vegetarian options and vegan dishes cannot be provided by the restaurant.
- Kluky is the village located in South Bohemia near Písek, founded in 14th century, with 621 inhabitants. You can get a real experience from living in the countryside. The South Bohemia is rich in natural beauty and historical monuments. Historic town of Pisek is well known for the oldest preserved stone bridge. And the region itself is the most famous fish farming area in the Czech Republic. Leisure time: Trips to historical towns of Pisek or Cesky Krumlov, Orlik nad Vltavou and Zvikov castles, hiking trips in surrounding or a visit of historically valuable cemetery in Albrechtice.
- During the workcamp you will spend quite some time with children. This is why we require a medical form which needs to be sent to us before the workcamp. No alcohol is allowed while working or near children. The workcamp is perfect for communicative volunteers, interested in experiencing living in the Czech countryside and who have positive attitude towards children.
INEX - Association for Voluntary Activities - is a non-governmental non-profit organisation founded in 1991 whose primary activities are in the area of international voluntary work. Our main objective is, through international voluntary work, enabling people to help where their help is most needed whilst at the same time making it beneficial for the volunteers in terms of obtaining new life and work experiences which they can use later in their careers.
Via Mico Geraci 35