BOROTIN BAROQUE MANOR
- The workcamp takes place in Borotin in the south of Bohemia in collaboration with the local association Borotin Baroque Manor. Its mission is to support the reconstruction and revitalization of a cultural monument i an estate from 16th century. Apart from the renovation of the areas, they organize cultural and social events. The estate is a private property and a long-term vision is to transform it into a local touristic attraction including accommodation facilities, museum and multifunctional cultural space (for exhibitions, etc.) and a conference and educational centre. Opposite the estate, there is a ruin of a gothic castle, too. The aim of this year s workcamp is to help to prepare exhibits for the future museum, do basic renovation works and organize a summer solstice festival and NGO market.
- Work at the estate will be mainly manual, but you will engage in diverse activities:1) preparing exhibits for the museum (mechanic cleaning of wood and/or metal parts with sandpaper or hand grinder, impregnation with a product against woodworms and final treatment with wax or paint);2) renovation and maintenance (removing building material, demolition of minor constructions, digging, cleaning bricks, etc., you will work with a cart, a shovel and a hammer);3) organizing a summer solstice festival and NGO market on 21st June (preparing the estate for this event, helping during the festival) i this event aims at introducing local NGOs and their products to the public.Please bring old working clothes. Local volunteers might join you at the workcamp for 1-2 days.Study part: A community evening focused on tasting international cuisine will be organized. Locals will prepare some traditional Czech food for you to try. A trip to the historical city of Tabor (underground tunnels, Hussite museum,
- In the premises of the estate that are newly renovated i sleeping in two bedrooms on beds. You need to bring your own sleeping bags. A common room with kitchen, a shower and a toilet will be available. You can also use the terrace and the courtyard. You will cook meals on your own as a group; some meals will be provided by the local partner in the local school canteen.
- Borotin i the area of the Baroque Manor. Borotin has 675 inhabitants. The estate is composed of 10 buildings; two of them and the terrace are already reconstructed. During the workcamp, a refreshment corner for tourists will operate and there will be many people around the estate (visitors of the castle). Near the estate, you can find a pond with a mill. In the surroundings, there are meadows and woods. The nearest town is Tabor (35 000 inhabitants) and is located a half an hour drive by bus.Leisure time: There will be many free-time options i e.g. a barbecue in a courtyard of the estate or at the ruin of the castle, playing games (badminton, archery, football etc.), having a rest on a terrace. In Borotin which is around 1.5 km away, there is a football pitch, a sports centre and a pub. You can pick mushrooms in the forest, visit a local goat farm, go for a trip to the nearby castles or visit a rope centre.
- Workcamp is suitable for volunteers who are interested in a renovation of historic monuments. Allergies notice: pollen
INEX - Association for Voluntary Activities - is a non-governmental non-profit organisation founded in 1991 whose primary activities are in the area of international voluntary work. Our main objective is, through international voluntary work, enabling people to help where their help is most needed whilst at the same time making it beneficial for the volunteers in terms of obtaining new life and work experiences which they can use later in their careers.
Via Mico Geraci 35