- Numinosum Festival 2019 is the sixth edition of the traditional music dance event in the heart of Kampinos Forest, 40 km from Warsaw, the capital of Poland. During 4 days of the festival, there will be more than 10 concerts, a dozen of workshops (singing, instrumental, dance), guided forest trips, family picnic and much more. The idea of the event is to promote Polish and European traditional dance and music (you will hear oberek and mazurek, kujawiak, polka, but also avant-deux, scottish, mazurka, chappeloise, bourree, circle circassien, rondeau etc.). We host people both from Poland and abroad. You can read more on the festival here: www.festival.numinosum.pl www.facebook.com/NuminosumFestivalVideo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5VuY1Qr6DE
- a Before the event (built-up and preparation phase: signs, information point, making of the parking place, small wooden construction works, camping-style technical works, pitching tents, cleaning, decorating the festival venue); a During the festival (on-site help: information point, preparation and distribution of food, cleaning.); preparation of a short presentation about your country (preferably dance); a After the festival (cleaning, reconstructing the infrastructure).
- Accommodation near the venue in a simple camping house or shared tent. Shower provided (probably only or mainly cold water). Toilet on site. Self-cooking on a military-style camping kitchen (all products are provided).
- Stunning area, surrounded by one of the largest forests in Europe, very close to ielazowa Wola (birthplace of Frederic Chopin), in proximity of Warsaw (can be visited during the camp). The festival takes place in an authentic XIX c. wooden barn, in the Open Air Museum of the Kampinoski National Park. Accomodation place is situated in a reconstructed Old Slavonic Fort of Czarci Chutor (Devils Inn): www.czarcichutor.pl
- Project related motivation letter required.
FIYE is a vibrant Polish non-governmental and non-profit organisation. Ever since it was established in 1989, FIYE has been active in the field of voluntary service and particularly committed to international youth exchange programmes. Throughout the years, FIYE has developed and successfully carried out a considerable number of volunteer projects with special regard to short-term summer projects (workcamps) and long-term programmes lasting 6-12 months. FIYE considers voluntary service programmes as a unique and excellent form of maintaining international contacts, fostering youth exchange, enabling participants to fight cross-cultural barriers, and developing bonds of long-lasting friendships. Furthermore, FIYE aims at popularising the currently vital concepts of mutual help, solidarity, peace and civic awareness. Volunteers participating in FIYE's projects always emphasise the fact that due to their "Polish experience," they have grown more responsible, open-minded and above all, have managed to stand up to a challenge, test themselves in demanding conditions and initiate a cross-cultural dialogue, which they consider rewarding and valuable in today's world.
Via Mico Geraci 35