SEEDS OF ACTION
- Egyesek is present in the area since 2000 and from 2010 we are focusing our youth work activities only to NEgrEUd county. We have strategic partners in the region including Creative Space Public Benefit Non-profit Ltd (Creative Space) which runs a community accommodation in the village of HollEk , which is included into UNESCO heritage, and several elementary and high schools in SzEcsEny, NagylEc and Endrefalva. We are developing youth work strategy which aims to:-catalyze the first encounter of non-formal and intercultural learning and support in further involvement,-encourage self-organization, initiative and community development by local youth,-increase the level of ecological culture of youngsters throw action,-expand the horizons, creating circumstances for comprehensive development of young people.
- Egyesek and its youth workers, trainers, volunteers are working in NEgrEUd county which is one of the poorest regions in Hungary. Unemployment rate is high; rare public transportation; youth, international projects, NGO activities are almost not known; very few opportunities of afternoon activities. Local youngsters after high school have two options: either they leave their home to access good quality education and/or job, or they stay and become unemployed. Thataeuros why bringing international context to the life and activities of local communities we broader the view on opportunities of local youngsters, expand their horizons. During work time volunteers will be divided in groups and work in one or two of the locations they choose.The volunteers tasks in the schools and youth centers in VarsEUny, Endrefalva, NEgrEUdszakEUl, SzEcsEny and NagylEc would be to prepare and to conduct English speaking creative sessions for local Roma and non-Roma children. The afterschool youth centers
- The location of the accommodation will be in one of the locations, SzEcsEny, a small town, where volunteers will have their activities. Volunteers will live in a family house, sharing it with 7 other long-term volunteers. In the house the basic facilities, such as toilet, shower, sleeping place and furniture in a separate or a shared room will be available for volunteers.The kitchen of the house is fully equipped, and volunteers manage their own cooking. In the town of SzEcsEny there are multiple stores and all dietary needs are possible to handle with their supply.
- SzEcsEny is in the centre of the micro-region with active social life and with good infrastructure with population about 6000 people. It has health centre, police station, banks, high schools, community place, restaurants, pharmacy and so on. From here there is direct bus to Budapest and to all of the locations where volunteers are working. The local villages, where volunteers will work have about 2000 inhabitants and basic infrastructure such as a shop, post office, medical center, school, youth or cultural center.We provide volunteers with discount cards for bus and bikes by which they will be also reach the surrounding villages for work as well as use them during leisure time
- We ask you to fill in this application form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/seeds_of_action
Sorry, there is no information about Egyesek Youth Organisation for the moment. Please try again later!
Via Mico Geraci 35