BERTIZ NATURAL PARK
- The INDJ is the Department of Sports and Youth of the Government of Navarre. The INDJ develops a program of work camps for young volunteers from all countries to learn the history and culture of Navarra.
- Framed in the beautiful Valley of Baztan, between pastures and oak groves, legends of witches and bucolic villages of white houses and red roofs, is placed Senorio de Bertiz Natural Park.Bertiz Natural Park, 2,040 ha, next to a small village, Oieregi,The park included the palace and gardens. These host an abundant botanical collection, with species brought from all over the world. All the territory is a succession of valleys and mountains covered with autochthonous Atlantic forest, abundant beech trees, oaks and alders.In these forests there are numerous deer, r deer and wild boar, as well as the typical birds of the Atlantic forest.The work of the young people participating in the field of volunteering will consist of pruning of hedges, maintenance of trails, application of paintings in some of the fences and elimination of invasive exotic plants.The approximate working time is from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- The work will take place in a Natural Park, Senorio de Bertiz, Working in open nature will allow you to enjoy this rural area in the freshness of the Pyrenean valleys. The accommodation will be in a Little building inside this Park, big enough for the group. Bedrooms are provided with 6 beds per room, with communal bathrooms with showers and hot water. The organisation covers cooking of meals. The volunteers are responsable for the cleaning. Volunteers must be equipped with a sleeping bag (or sheets), pillowcase and towel.
- The place is located between mountains, in a Natural Park, in the Baztan Valley, in the northern area of Navarra adjoining the French border. The work, which will be developed in the open nature, will allow you to enjoy all this rural area.In addition to the valley itself with its multiple palaces, hamlets, forests and mountains, the Urdax and Zugarramurdi caves, the Amaiur Castle, Elizondo, Arizkun, Erratzu, etc. are nearby. Nearby are also the beaches of San Sebastian or Biarritz.The entertainment team will propose recreational and leisure activities so that participants know the area where they are and enjoy their free time. All these activities will be carried out in the afternoons and weekends, with the participation of all the people in the group.
- Remember to take clothes for the manual work and closed shs. Foreigners belonging to the European Union must bring with them a personal EHIC (European Health Insurance Card), and everybody must, in any case, bring their insurance certificate. Please feel free to bring some food specialities, pictures, musical instrument, things you like and want to share with the group and the local community.Clothes, shs, gloves and hat suitable for this type of work. Tracksuit, trainers, and resting shs. Raincoat and warm clothes. Swimming costume, towel, sun lotion and personal cleaning.
SVI is the Spanish association which represents the Spanish workcamps managed by the Autonomous Regions (except those in Catalonia). We are under the Institute of Youth (Injuve). Injuve, an Autonomous Department of the Ministry of Health, Social Policy and Equality, has, for some years now, been promoting specific programmes which are aimed at increasing and favouring different travel possibilities for young people. This enables those under 30 years of age to become aware of other realities, visit other places and have access to other cultures. Included among these programmes is one known as International Voluntary Service (SVI), which deals only with workcamps. These are aimed at youth between 18 and 26 years old and their main objectives are: - To encourage conduct that will favour the exchange of ideas and young peopleâ€™s global development. This is achieved by volunteering and from the contributions made by youth from their own experience. This strengthens intercultural learning processes, personal development and the reinforcement of democratic values. - To integrate experiences, personal knowledge and the global development of youth in the carrying out of an activity, within the framework of voluntary service. The Youth Institute co-ordinates the exchange of places for young Spaniards wanting to volunteer in foreign workcamps and foreigners wanting to volunteer in Spanish workcamps. The Spanish workcamps are managed by the Autonomous Regions.
Via Mico Geraci 35