IGEA, RESTORATION OF PALEONTOLOGICAL SITE I
- Moscaventur. Active free time and nature company. During our camps, attitudes such as companionship, cooperation, personal development, creativity, improved self-esteem, teamwork, socialization, personal care, respect for nature, creating emotional ties with their peers are worked.
- Restoration of fossil archaeological site (Paleontology). Cleaning and preparation of the terrain and structures of the archaeological site. Work camp in the ichnological outcrops site will be developed, four hours from Monday to Friday, in the morning from 8,00 to 12,00, to avoid the hotter hours at the cost of getting up early. This schedule allows to leave a small space of time before eating to rest, go to the pool... 1. Superficial Cleaning of the deposit of dinosaur footprints. (fragment rolled allochthonous rocks, vegetation...).2. Conditioning and cleaning of the infrastructures associated with the deposit.3. Filling of cracks and waterproofing of fissures.4. Fixation of fragments of loose rock, characteristic of the deposit.
- http://www.irj.es/albergues/otros-albergues-municipales/44-igeaTotal capacity of the hostel: 28 places.- 2 Rooms of 12 places distributed on two floors, each with a room with bunk beds and a double room.- The rooms do not have individual bathrooms. On each floor there are 4 showers, 4 sinks and 2 toilets.- The hostel provides cafeteria-restaurant services with breakfast, lunch, dinners, lunches and snacks.FOOD: Youth Hostel has a chef, who will be the responsible for the realization of lunch and dinner.
- Visit to the Paleontological Interpretation Center of La Rioja and reception by the municipality of Igea. Visit to the Church Our Lady of the Assumption of Igea, and other emblematic places of the town.Day trip to Cornago. Visit to the Castle and the iconic site of Los Cayos (explained by the field monitor). Also, in the middle of the road will stop at the Fossil Trunk of Igea, which will also be discussed.Visit Contrebia Leucade, Celtiberian settlement in Aguilar del Rio Alhama. Visit the site of footprints of the Navillas (Rincon de Olivedo). Also at the entrance of the road there is a wine cellar, which would be visited.Visit the sites of Enciso and go to the pools of Arnedillo. Doing bungee jumping or other mountain activities. Party and feast of the smoke in Peroblasco.Walk to Fuente Juan Podrida of Igea. At 2-3 km from the town, on a good road, you can access a spring of sulfurous waters.Picnic in the Carrascal de Villarroya and activities.Some class of paleontology, on the part of the field monitor, so that they understand a little more about dinosaurs.
- Young people with social inquisitive who want to learn more about the rural world, getting involved in a community project in a small village of La Rioja.
SVI is the Spanish association which represents the Spanish workcamps managed by the Autonomous Regions (except those in Catalonia). We are under the Institute of Youth (Injuve). Injuve, an Autonomous Department of the Ministry of Health, Social Policy and Equality, has, for some years now, been promoting specific programmes which are aimed at increasing and favouring different travel possibilities for young people. This enables those under 30 years of age to become aware of other realities, visit other places and have access to other cultures. Included among these programmes is one known as International Voluntary Service (SVI), which deals only with workcamps. These are aimed at youth between 18 and 26 years old and their main objectives are: - To encourage conduct that will favour the exchange of ideas and young peopleâ€™s global development. This is achieved by volunteering and from the contributions made by youth from their own experience. This strengthens intercultural learning processes, personal development and the reinforcement of democratic values. - To integrate experiences, personal knowledge and the global development of youth in the carrying out of an activity, within the framework of voluntary service. The Youth Institute co-ordinates the exchange of places for young Spaniards wanting to volunteer in foreign workcamps and foreigners wanting to volunteer in Spanish workcamps. The Spanish workcamps are managed by the Autonomous Regions.
Via Mico Geraci 35