URBAN ORGANIC FARMING & NURSERY DEVELOPMENT WORK
- SMILE Society ( Situational Management & Inter Learning Establishment Society) is a registered NGO & NPO working in the field of International volunteering from India. Our mission is to provide volunteers with a customised program (workcamp, short term, long term) that will enable them to make an important contribution to the causes in . Community,the past several years, we have placed many volunteers around various parts of India within different projects. SMILE foremost goal is to "Bring Smile around" We ensure that all volunteers are provided with a safe and enriching experience. Our flexible approach means that you will be given a placement to suit your needs and time scale. All international students are also welcome to take part in our Internship Programme. Our unique placements could become the trip of a lifetime..
- Exciting workcamps at Smile ,India !! Save the mother planet !!! Now we are working on to Grow vegetables, fruits and flowers to fight against Climate change in urban areas. at different projects . Motivated youth are welcome !! lets help us to bring revolution in horticulture and floriculture at our place . There would be painting activities as well as cultural exchange programme as well !! Energetic youth required. Organic farming in urban areas through Green House and alternative methods are the main target of this project. International youth have chance to work together with SMILE local volunteers in the project.A complete cultural exchange platform would be there while working in a family type environment. Example Daily Schedule: Wake up early morning: 6 am Breakfast: 6:30 am ( self service) Work : 3-4 hours during week days,Exact work schedule would be delivered with infosheet. late afternoon:3pm - 5 pm workshop Dinner : 7 pm ( volunteers required help themselves in serving ,washing ) After 8 pm exit door would be closed.No one allowed to go out or come in the accommodation after 8 pm everyday including weekends. 9:30 bed time ** Please remember that programme schedule or project site can be changed or altered by the Project In-charge if required and all volunteers are requested to cooperate with our local members and partners. All schedule should be followed and mandatory for everyone to participate and contribute **
- Accommodation: Dormitory basis as per available on arrival ( on cot with mattress/on floor with mattress, 2-4 volunteers in one room, bigger group living also possible Subject to availability ) shared accommodation (normally male & female separate room),Common toilet, electricity, Limited Wifi access in house available. You will get accommodation from 8 am of the first day till 6 pm on the last day of your project.We are unable to provide you any accommodation before or after these dates. Please arrange your own accommodation in case of early arrival or late departure .You are requested to meet our representative at the meeting place on exact time given above. If you arrive early then you can have your stay in any of the different hotels available nearby Airport, within 2 -3 km .on the road popularly called as V.I.P road. You are requested to take any cab to check in any of these hotels. If you arrive at earlier night then you are requested to stay inside the airport terminal and meet at the next morning with our representative as per appointment. Volunteers are not allowed to spend night outside of their accommodation during their full project duration due to safety and security policy. Food: You will get 3 times local food from host family. Please do not expect air conditioned room, hot water for shower and special food items as per your desire during your term. You are requested to get ready for a simple and challenging life.
- location & leisure :- INDIA is an amazing country with diverse culture and tradition .Interesting people ! Explore the country with exciting diversity .Kolkata ,the city of joy was known before as Calcutta since the colonial time. This ancient city was used to be the capital of British colonial period. This city has full of heart ,people are basically belongs to the middle and lower middle class . There are also rich and poor people all around . City Kolkata is known for its busy traffic ,huge population ,warm weather and poverty around the street corners! It is a great place to visit for every tourist coming to India. Kolkata( itself is a great tourist place with its historical value ) is well connected with many famous and attractive tourist places during weekends ... organised Package trip at the end of the project can be organised by professionals...... * weekends exciting Cultural city ( kolkata ) and around trip can also be organised against extra cost Euro80/head for weekends (8am-4pm). **Kolkata is one of the 4 biggest city in India and it is connected with every part of the country. You can fly almost any part of the country with in 2-2:30 hrs. So traveling around could try is very easy from Kolkata.
- Requirements: *Passport copy *VISA copy *Photograph( recent colour copy) *Parents permission letter if you are below 18 years. *Living cost as per duration applied.. *Volunteers should not have any criminal record. What to bring: You can follow traditional packing lists, but here are several items that would be particularly helpful for this volunteer experience: A bed sheet Vaccination as per local embassy /hospital malaria medication flashlight umbrella mosquito repellent with DEET sunscreen alarm clock OR watch with alarm clock journal sleeping bag Any games or craft items like Origami would be great for the kids Rain coat Snacks from your country for kids and host family Music/ dress / special souvenir from your country Medicine and first aid supplies for emergency personal use Clothing: - fibrous (ex: linen or cotton or anything that is COOL and dries fast in natural sun) - for women, bring conservative clothing that covers the shoulders (ex: shirts with capped sleeves) NO shorts, bikinis, sleeveless clothes outside your own bed room (strictly). Indian cloth like salwar,sarees would a perfect choice for girls during their stay at SMILE. sandals head covering (bandanas, hat) towel that dries FAST. Toilet paper, soap, shampoo, mosquito net.
Situational Management & Inter Learning Establishment Society" popularly known as SMILE Society /SMILE NGO was established in 31st Aug 2003 later Registered under Indian Society Act in 2004 .SMILE Was founded by a young social worker named Mr.Debabrata Chakraborty with the support of his entire family and few motivated friends who really wanted to bring smile everywhere through Volunteering.It is now a big platform for International & Local youth who wish to volunteer in India and Abroad for good causes. SMILE is the member of different International Volunteering Network including CCIVS ( Under UNESCO), NVDA,WANGO and many other prestigious Alliance members from European Volunteering Network . There are different Volunteering positions are available for whole year. Please visit our Homepage project and social links for further details. www.smilengo.org , www.facebook.com/workcamp,www.youtube.com/smilengo1, www.instagram.com/smilengo, www.twitter.com/smilengo_india, skype: smilengo.india, whats app:00919830150249, https://www.smilengo.org ; https://www.smilengo.in
Udayrajpur , Madhyamgram,# 9 railgate,Kolkata:129,