STREET CHILDREN WELFARE PROJ
- Do you like to help SMILE NGO to bring a smile to the most neglected children living on the street of kolkata ,India.This project is all about bringing smile to all underprivileged refugee children in kolkata.Providing informal basic education like english teaching ,hygiene,basic health care,family planning education,playing, organising entertainment program ,food distribution for these children of this downtrodden community would be the main target of the volunteers in this camp.
- Helping Children from the street between 8-15 years ( mostly refugees) of India to get basic education,vocational and hygienic training etc. Most important target of the project is to bring smile among these children and provide confidence and moral support to their mother .Volunteer would use different way of informal education technique to present a unique and attractive way of education programs for these kids .Most of these kids speaks local Bengali /Hindi language but they are very smart and intelligent.so teaching them with the support of local coordinator would not be so difficult ,just little bit of patience and involvement can solve this problem easily.
- Accommodation: Dormitory basis in host family building as per available on arrival ( on cot with mattress/on floor with mattress, 2-4 volunteers in one room) shared accommodation (normally male & female separate room). You will get accommodation till 6 pm on the last day of your camp.We are unable to provide you any accommodation before or after these dates. Please arrange your own accommodation in case of early arrival or late departure .You are requested to meet our representative at the meeting place on exact time given above. If you arrive early then you can have your stay in any of the different hotels available nearby Airport, within 2 -3 km . Food: You will get 3 times local food from host family as per available on arrival. Please do not expect any kind of special dishes (veg/non veg) or cold drinks or special living room or air conditioned room during your term. You are requested to get ready for a simple and challenging life.
- INDIA is an amazing country with diverse culture and tradition .Interesting people ! Explore the country with exciting diversity .Kolkata ,the city of joy was known before as Calcutta since the colonial time. This ancient city was used to be the capital of British colonial period. This city has full of heart ,people are basically belongs to the middle class . There are also rich and poor people all around . City Kolkata is know for its busy traffic ,huge population ,warm welcome and poverty around the street corners! It is a great place to visit for every tourist coming to India.
- Requirements: *Passport copy *VISA copy *Photograph( recent colour copy) *Parents permission letter if you are below 18 years. *Living cost as per duration applied.. *Volunteers should not have any criminal record.
Situational Management & Inter Learning Establishment Society" popularly known as SMILE Society /SMILE NGO was established in 31st Aug 2003 later Registered under Indian Society Act in 2004 .SMILE Was founded by a young social worker named Mr.Debabrata Chakraborty with the support of his entire family and few motivated friends who really wanted to bring smile everywhere through Volunteering.It is now a big platform for International & Local youth who wish to volunteer in India and Abroad for good causes. SMILE is the member of different International Volunteering Network including CCIVS ( Under UNESCO), NVDA,WANGO and many other prestigious Alliance members from European Volunteering Network . There are different Volunteering positions are available for whole year. Please visit our Homepage project and social links for further details. www.smilengo.org , www.facebook.com/workcamp,www.youtube.com/smilengo1, www.instagram.com/smilengo, www.twitter.com/smilengo_india, skype: smilengo.india, whats app:00919830150249, https://www.smilengo.org ; https://www.volunteerwork.in, https://www.workcampindia.org,
Udayrajpur , Madhyamgram,# 9 railgate,Kolkata:129,