- Kanneljarvi Folk High School is a vocational institute with a wide range of educational services to provide such as vocational education for youth workers and courses in Finnish language and culture for immigrants. Kanneljarvi Folk High School is situated 60 kilometers from Helsinki.
- Volunteers will have an interesting two week program which combines practical tasks and workshops about different topics. The volunteer will for example do various environmental tasks outdoors, get to know local youth work, have common activities with Immigrant Summer Schools as well as make excursion to national park and other interesting places. The aim of this volunteering team is to enhance intercultural understanding through practical actions for environment.
- Accommodation will be in the school dormitory in double rooms and most meals will be in student canteen, some self-catering.
- Kanneljarvi Folk High School is situated 60 kilometers from Helsinki in a beautiful place next to a lake.See more www.kannelopisto.fii. In our group there will be volunteers from different European countries and also some volunteers from Finland doing interesting activities and excursions together.
- The volunteers need to be 18-30 years old European Union citizens, who are motivated to volunteer in Finnish countryside and need the EU support for taking part in international volunteering. No fees, the travel costs will be reimbursed. The volunteers will need to fill a ESC volunteer application form. See more https://www.nuorisovaihto.fi/englishincoming-volunteers/european-solidarity-corps-finland-volunteering-teams
Allianssi Youth Exchanges promotes intercultural learning and global understanding. Our aim is to give young people a chance to do concrete work with others from different backgrounds and ethnic origins. Allianssi Youth Exchanges is owned by the Finnish Youth Co-operation Allianssi which is the umbrella organisation of Finnish youth and educational organisations with 125 nationwide member organisations. The work in our camps is very often manual like painting, renovating, organising activities or landscaping/gardening; but one of the main aims of the camps is to encourage and increase intercultural learning between the volunteers and the hosting community. No special skills are required. Most camps are arranged in small communities in beautiful Finnish countryside.
Via Mico Geraci 35