TASTE OF ACTUAL FINLAND TAF
- Loimaa Evangelical Folk High School LEKO (www.leko.fi) has a 80 year long history. It provides formal and non-formal adult education as well as social services. In addition to basic education programs for adults with immigrants as the main target group they also run other courses for different groups. The school has experience and interest in working with people with different backgrounds and countries of origin.
- The volunteers will have a variety of tasks and activities in different fields. The main fields are environment, Finnish culture and social integration. The tasks regarding environment include maintenance tasks and improving green areas by cutting bushes and tidying the park area. Experiencing Finland includes exploring Finnish nature, visiting farms, cooking and tasting Finnish food and getting a glimpse into the Finnish lifestyle and culture. Volunteers work on society integration consists of activities together with local youth and arranging an open intercultural event.
- Volunteers will be accommodated in the LEKO hostel. Volunteers will take part in cooking their meals
- Loimaa is a small town in south-west Finland about 150 km from Helsinki. The town is small so the volunteers can move around by using bicycles. There iare lot of things to do and explore in Loimaa. In our group there will be volunteers from different European countries and also some volunteers from Finland.
- The volunteers need to be 18-30 years old European Union citizens, who are motivated to volunteer in countryside in Finland and need the EU support for taking part in international volunteering. No fees, travel costs will be reimbursed. The volunteers will need to fill a ESC volunteer application form. See more https://www.nuorisovaihto.fi/englishincoming-volunteers/european-solidarity-corps-finland-volunteering-teams
Allianssi Youth Exchanges promotes intercultural learning and global understanding. Our aim is to give young people a chance to do concrete work with others from different backgrounds and ethnic origins. Allianssi Youth Exchanges is owned by the Finnish Youth Co-operation Allianssi which is the umbrella organisation of Finnish youth and educational organisations with 125 nationwide member organisations. The work in our camps is very often manual like painting, renovating, organising activities or landscaping/gardening; but one of the main aims of the camps is to encourage and increase intercultural learning between the volunteers and the hosting community. No special skills are required. Most camps are arranged in small communities in beautiful Finnish countryside.
Via Mico Geraci 35