STREET CHILDREN WELFARE
- Do you like to help SMILE NGO to bring a smile to the most neglected children living on the street of kolkata ,India.This project is all about bringing smile to all underprivileged refugee children from the street of kolkata. SMILE Society ( Situational Management & Inter Learning Establishment Society) is a registered Non profit working for these underprivileged communities around the state of West Bengal since 2003 . SMILE mission is to provide volunteers with a workcamp that will enable them to make an important contribution to these poor and needy kids from the street. Our foremost goal is to "Bring Smile around" We ensure that all volunteers are provided with a safe and enriching experience. Our flexible approach means that you will be given a placement to suit your needs and time scale. All international students are also welcome to take part in our Programme. Our unique placements could become the trip of a lifetime.
- work:- Target Group for these camps:- Helping Children from the street( mostly refugees) between 8-15 years old, of India to get basic education,vocational and hygienic training etc. Daily hundreds of children receives support at our different centres around the state of West Bengal. . Project Back ground :- India having uncountable numbers of street and slum dwellers . There are thousands of poor refugees coming every year from nearby countries and from different small towns and villages to the big cities and most of these families are living in a very poorly condition at slums and street corners . These families bring their children to help them in begging ,household work ,rag picking activities, even some girls been forcibly thrown to the dark life of prostitution. So it is really a shame of the so called civilised societies where we belong . We have got our ongoing projects for these unfortunate street children at the different locations of big cities. Now there are opportunities available for international youth volunteers as well to help and support these unfortunate girls and mothers of the street children in and around. Work & Activities :- Most important target of the project is to bring smile among these children and provide confidence and moral support to them .Volunteer would use different way of informal education technique to present a unique and attractive way of informal education programs for these kids .Most of these kids speaks local Bengali /H
- Accommodation: Dormitory basis in host family/school building as per available on arrival ( on cot with mattress/on floor with mattress, Common toilet and limited wifi available. 2-4 volunteers in one room on shared basis, (normally male & female separate room). You will get accommodation till 6 pm on the last day of your camp.We are unable to provide you any accommodation before or after these dates. Please arrange your own accommodation in case of early arrival or late departure .Early morning and after evening(6pm-8am) Airport transfers is not possible. You are requested to meet our representative at the meeting place on exact time given above. If you arrive early then you can have your stay in any of the different hotels available nearby Airport, within 2 -3 km .on the road popularly called as V.I.P road. You are requested to take any cab to check in any of these hotels. If you arrive at earlier night then you are requested to stay inside the airport terminal and meet at the next morning with our representative as per infosheet. Food: You will get 3 times local food from local host. Please do not expect any kind of special dishes (veg/non veg) or cold drinks or special living room or air conditioned room during your term. You are requested to get ready for a simple and challenging life.
- location & leisure :- India is an amazing country with diverse culture and tradition, Interesting people ! Explore the country with exciting diversity .Kolkata ,the city of joy was known before as Calcutta since the colonial time. This ancient city was used to be the capital of British colonial period. This city has full of heart ,people are basically belongs to the middle class . There are also rich and poor people all around . City Kolkata is know for its busy traffic ,huge population ,warm welcome and poverty around the street corners! It is a great place to visit for every tourist coming to India. More over if anyone get a chance to live with the local host family then that brings extra bonus to any traveler .It helps to learn the culture ,tradition,language while staying within the normal people of the society.Kolkata( itself is a great tourist place with its historical value ) is well connected with many famous and attractive tourist places during weekends . Organised Weekends Cultural City trip also available against extra cost of Euro 80/head for 2 days (8am-4pm during Saturday & Sunday ). Minimum 2 person required for the trip.
- REQUIREMENTS :- We need energetic your volunteer with open mind and ready to get their hand dirty. Volunteers need to be strong and flexible. India is a beautiful country but can be challenging for some people . Local culture,people are interesting. weather is hot and humid in summer but please t during winter ,so get ready to explore an amazing country with full of surprises . Due to big cultural differences some volunteer might face cultural shock! Our request to all New comers please read about India and Indian culture as much as possible before you apply for the project. If you got any queries ask us anytime. Do not forget to use our what’s app for any doubts or questions. These are the documents we need on arrival :- *Passport copy *VISA copy *Photograph( recent colour copy) *Parents permission letter if you are below 18 years. *you should not have any criminal records. What to bring: You can follow traditional packing lists, small bag pack should be fine with locking access. Here are several items that would be particularly helpful for this volunteer experience: A bed sheet Vaccination as per your local doctor. malaria medication flashlight umbrella mosquito repellent with DEET sunscreen alarm clock OR watch with alarm clock journal sleeping bag Rain coat /umbrella during monsoon. Snacks from your country for kids, host family and volunteers Music/ dress / special souvenir from your country Medicine and first aid suppli
Situational Management & Inter Learning Establishment Society" popularly known as SMILE Society /SMILE NGO was established in 31st Aug 2003 later Registered under Indian Society Act in 2004 .SMILE Was founded by a young social worker named Mr.Debabrata Chakraborty with the support of his entire family and few motivated friends who really wanted to bring smile to every child through Volunteering.It is now a big platform for International & Local youth who wish to volunteer in India and Abroad for good causes. SMILE is the member of different International Volunteering Network including CCIVS ( Under UNESCO), NVDA,WANGO and many other prestigious Alliance members from European Volunteering Network . There are different Volunteering positions are available for whole year. Please visit our Homepage project and social links for further details. www.smilengo.org , www.facebook.com/workcamp,www.youtube.com/smilengo1, www.instagram.com/smilengo, www.twitter.com/smilengo_india, skype: smilengo.india, whats app:00919830150249, https://www.smilengo.org ; https://www.smilengo.in
Udayrajpur , Madhyamgram,# 9 railgate,Kolkata:129,